Sunday, July 20, 2008

Contentment

Rarely, do I ever get the feeling of absolute contentment. But now I have and suddenly feel the urge to blog about it. But I shan't attempt to explain it with words. Tracy Chapman's "Happy" is one of my favourite songs of all time along with Meshell Ndegeocello's "beautiful" and "liliquoi moon." "Happy" describes my exact sentiments at this time and was a source of inspiration a year ago for a poem I wrote called 'queen of song'. I shall let you experience it for yourself if you haven't already. Enjoy!



Queen of Song

How you intoxicate me with your song
I am lost in the depths of
Your perfectly-composed melody
Your words lift me so high above
I lose all sense of myself
Your whispers carry me effortlessly
Through the night
I cannot think, I cannot speak
No words to describe your divine voice
Queen of Song let me drown
In your unruffled sea of sacred rhythms

No comments: